Social Media has undoubtedly transformed the political world. Thanks to platforms like Twitter, anyone (literally) has the ability to share his or her opinions with the world at the click of a button. If you are looking to grow your presence and expand your reach on social networks, be sure to incorporate these tips into your posts.
- Plan out the timing of your posts. Ensure that you are posting when your followers are active so that they see, and therefore interact with, your content. Apps like Tweriod will alert you of the best time to tweet based upon the activity of your individual network.
- Use “Trigger Words.” Facebook uses an algorithm that pushes posts containing “Trigger Words” to the top of the News Feed, even if the post is not the most recent from your network. Some of these words to include are “congratulations,” “big news,” “so excited to announce,” “new job,” etc.
- Reply to (Twitter) or Comment on (Facebook/Instagram) trending posts. You would be surprised as to how many people will scroll through and read the comments on popular posts. Commenting even a simple GIF or hashtag may attract people to follow (or at least view) your own feed, especially since these people usually share a common interest in the trending post’s topic. For example, replying to one of Ben Shapiro’s tweets with, “Facts don’t care about your feelings,” may help your political account gain some of Shapiro’s followers, since the people following him are most likely interested in politics.
- Live-Tweet events. Whether it’s a presidential debate or a sports game, tweeting your opinion of events as they happen is a phenomenal way to expand your audience. Benefits of live-tweeting include the possibility of being featured under a trending topic, at the beginning of a particular hashtag, and an increased likelihood of post interactions from accounts that do not follow yours. Visit https://exposureninja.com/blog/live-tweeting-business-reach/ for a more detailed guide on how to live-tweet.
- Mention (on Twitter) and Tag (on Instagram) both locations and verified accounts. In addition to the possibility of being re-posted by a highly followed account, this is another tool to increase your exposure to users that do not follow you, but most likely have the same interests.
- Use hashtags. Using relevant hashtags will also expand the reach of your posts and introduce new followers to your account. However, overusing (or incorrectly using) hashtags is an easy way to lose followers. Twitter recommends using 2 hashtags per tweet, whereas the suggested amount on Instagram is 9.7.
- Join/Make a “Tweet Share” Group or List. Members of “Tweet Share” Groups interact with and re-post the content of fellow group members. Groups and Lists alike bring together accounts with similar interests, which not only grows your own network, but also exposes you to new ideas and techniques to apply to your account.
- Request to be featured on a popular account. Countless highly-followed accounts feature the work of lesser-known creators, especially on Instagram. Look for accounts similar to yours and follow the instructions to be featured.
- Repost the content of other users, especially highly-followed accounts. Any opportunity to associate your account and connect with influencers or companies should be taken. Reposting their content makes them more likely to view, if not even repost, your own content. Therefore, carefully select your profile picture, banner, bio, and any pinned content
- Always use images. Attaching related images to posts may double post engagement.
The views expressed in this article are the opinion of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of Lone Conservative staff.